YOU GOT THIS!
ALSO Youth, Inc., is offering scholarships to provide financial support and encouragement to LGBTQ+ youth, who are seeking to attend a continuing education institution in the field of their choice. This is a Merit/Needs-based Scholarship (open to all applicants regardless of immigration status).
IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 YEARS OLD AND CONTINUING YOUR EDUCATION IN THE 2022 - 2023 SCHOOL YEAR, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN ALSO SCHOLARSHIP.
- Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an LGBTQ+ youth under the age of 22 as of August 1st of the year of application.
- Be a resident of a county that ALSO Youth serves in Florida (currently Sarasota and Manatee counties).
- Be enrolled at an accredited non-profit academic or vocational institution in the summer or fall of the year of application.
- Scholarship applicants must submit the following to ALSO Youth by the deadline posted on ALSO’s website
- A completed application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Transcript(s) of grades for the applicant’s most recently completed coursework. This may include high school transcripts, GED score report or any postsecondary transcripts.
- Two recommendation forms from non-related adults such as instructors, employers or mentors.
- An up-to-date, typed resume.
- A one-to-two page typed personal statement expressing why the applicant is applying for the scholarship and the applicant’s educational and career goals.
- The Executive Committee of the Board of ALSO Youth will consider the following when selecting scholarship recipients:
- Leadership/Involvement with ALSO Youth, LGBTQ+ Advocacy, and/or school GSA or Diversity Club.
- Academic achievement.
- Financial need. Finalists may be required to attend a personal interview with the selection committee.
- Proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance will be required prior to checks being released.
- Scholarship funds are paid directly to the recipient’s school and are designated for tuition, required fees, books, and supplies only.
- Multiple scholarships will be awarded, with $500 being the minimum award.
- All applicants must submit these materials by May 13, 2022.
Subscribe to our newsletter
to stay up-to-date with events & more!